Anyone can experience muscle pain, especially after engaging in certain strenuous activities or injuries. This is considered a health problem that can either be short-term or chronic. Some people may experience this by having a deep ache in certain parts of their body, while others may experience pain all over their body.
Muscle pains can affect anyone irrespective of age, gender or size. This can occur when trying out a new workout routine and may last for 24hrs or more than 24 hours. However, this is only a sign that your muscles are healing and getting stronger and can be treated by simply buying the best muscle pain relief cream in any pharmacy store.
We will explain everything you should know about muscle pain in this article , including the ways to prevent and manage the factors that cause these pains.
- Common symptoms of muscle pain include:
- Muscle cramps
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasms
Below we will explain a few of the primary causes of muscle pain. They include the following;
Many things can cause muscle pain, including:
1. Autoimmune Diseases
Autoimmune disease is caused when the body’s immune system fights itself instead of protecting itself. The immune system is meant to protect the body from germs and infections. Some of these autoimmune diseases that can cause muscle pain include;
- Multiple sclerosis
Bacteria and viral infections can also be a major cause of body pain. This can result in fever, swollen lymph nodes, and even nausea. Several infections may lead to muscle pain, and they include the following;
Injuries can result from using the same muscle repeatedly during your workout. It can cause soreness all over the body or on the muscle being overused. It can also increase the level of the muscle pain if neglected Other types of muscle injury include the following;
- Abdominal strain
- Broken bones
- Back sprains
Did you know that certain medications can lead to short-term or chronic muscle pain? Such medications often lead to inflammation of the muscle cell, thereby activating the pain receptors in the muscle. Some of these treatments include the following;
- Chemotherapy which is used to treat cancer patients
- Medications for high blood pressure
- Medications used to reduce the level of cholesterol in the body.
5. Neuromuscular Disorders
The neuromuscular disorder is a condition that causes muscle pain by controlling the nerves around the muscles. This may lead to severe pain and weakness in the muscle.
Before getting the best cream for body pain, you need to be able to diagnose the major cause of the muscle pain you feel. This is done by carrying out several tests to determine if it is chronic pain or not. These tests include;
- Blood test. It is used to check the hormones and enzymes in the body. It is also used to look out for infections.
- CR scan. This is used to check if your muscle has been injured or damaged.
- Electromyography. This is used to ascertain the electrical activities found in the muscles and nerves.
- Muscle biopsy. This is recommended when searching for any change in the body tissue that may lead to neuromuscular diseases.
After identifying the causes of these muscle pains by taking the abound tests, you can proceed with any of these steps to help eliminate the pain.
- Rest the affected area
- Use ice packs to reduce inflammation
- Use heat to improve the flow of blood
- Soak the injured area in a warm bath and add Epsom salts to it
- You can take pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen
- You can also apply the best muscle pain relief cream
- Do not forget to go for therapy when needed
Because almost everyone experiences muscle pains, the above steps should help you identify the most suitable therapy for your condition. However, if you are experiencing muscle weakness, numbness in your limbs, chest pain, or even fever, perhaps after your regular exercise, you need to consult your doctor. It is also essential for people who experience mild and temporary muscle pains to rest the affected area and apply the best cream for body pain along with their prescribed pain medications.