In Ontario, the Drive Clean program is an emissions control program aimed at reducing air pollution. This is done by testing and certifying on-road cars to comply with Ontario’s emission rules. The Drive Clean campaign started in 1999 and is still going strong. If your vehicle needs a clean drive test, contact us today to book yours.
WHO NEEDS TO HAVE A DRIVE CLEAN TEST?
If your car is seven years old or older, it must pass an emissions test on renewing your registration and license plates. Reach us out for drive clean emission test.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF DRIVING CLEAN?
The Drive Clean program aims to reduce air pollution by ensuring that vehicles with high pollution/emissions are not permitted on the road. All seven-year and older cars must pass an emissions test on renewing the registration and license plates.
You Don’t Need Emission Testing When Selling A Light-Duty Vehicle.
A Drive Clean test is not required when selling a light-duty vehicle. However, seven years or older, cars still have to have a Drive Clean test every two years to renew their license plate. If you are purchasing an older vehicle, you should check for the most recent Drive Clean test results for that vehicle.
No More Consecutive Conditional Passes
If your car fails emissions testing, you can get repairs up to the Repair Cost Limit and then get a conditional pass that allows you to renew your license plate sticker. After that, you’ll have two years to finish all of the repairs required for your vehicle to pass the inspection. A consecutive conditional pass will not be provided at that time; thus, your car must pass at that time.
HOW LONG DOES THE TEST TAKE?
The Drive Clean test is rapid, typically only taking 15-30 minutes to complete. Still, we suggest you reach the station 30 minutes earlier as sometimes we have too many customers.
HOW OFTEN DO I HAVE TO BE TESTED?
The test period differs between standard vehicles and ‘heavy’ vehicles (heavy trucks and buses). Average vehicles (cars, vans, SUVs, etc.) seven years or older must be tested every two years. Heavy vehicles such as heavy-duty trucks and buses must be tested every year, and there are no exemption dates. If the car is being registered to drive, it must be tested. There are no exceptions.
WHAT IF MY VEHICLE FAILS?
The Drive Clean test is passed by roughly 90% of automobiles. The bulk of the remaining 10% fails due to a maintenance issue, usually with little effort. Failure to pass a Drive Clean test carries no penalty or fee. If your car needs to pass a clean drive test and has already received one conditional pass, it cannot be lawfully registered until it passes the test.
The driver’s best interest is generally to make the necessary repairs for their vehicle to pass the Drive Clean test, as the alternative is to buy a new car. We also provide heavy-duty truck emission tests in Ontario.
PREVENTATIVE CARE IS IMPORTANT
Owning a well-maintained vehicle can save you money on repairs and benefit the environment by reducing emissions. It’s critical to stick to your vehicle’s manufacturer’s recommended maintenance regimen. If your check engine light comes on, get your automobile checked out as soon as possible by a certified mechanic. Contact ETRH for all your regularly scheduled emission testing.
Not every service center offers emission testing for every sized vehicle. Limited technicians and emission inspectors inspect and provide mobile emission testing for heavy-duty vehicles like concrete trucks, trailers, cube vans, dump trucks, city trucks, school buses, tractors, etc. Heavy-duty diesel vehicles in Greater Toronto Area must be e-tested before they are licensed for road use. One should not give their trust and cars in anyone’s hand without verifying the sources. ETRH is a prominent testing center equipped with the most up-to-date equipment, which will provide you with entirely accurate results.
To take a step towards sustainable development, one must make significant steps today, and getting your vehicle’s emission test done is a great way to ensure environmental safety.
If you are looking for a prominent Ontario drive clean emissions test center with reliable services, reach us today.