Over the years, we have witnessed several health trends that arise and take over the health and wellness industry. One such health trend is medicinal mushrooms. However, by considering the history of medicinal mushrooms, one can’t consider them a trend. This is because the medicinal use of mushrooms is not a new concept at all. They have been used in Asia for centuries to boost overall health and wellness.
Today, more exotic mushroom varieties such as shiitake, maitake, lion’s mane, turkey tail, chaga, reishi, and cordyceps are gaining much attention in western countries. This is why more and more researchers across the world are keen to know the secrets behind the rewarding health benefits of mushrooms. The increasing popularity of these beneficial fungi has also given rise to so many options of consuming them, and the most common one is mushroom powder.
What is Medicinal Mushroom Powder, and What Makes it so Powerful?
In simple words, mushroom powder is a fine powder that is made from dried mushrooms. The organically grown mushrooms go through a calculated heating and cooling process to ensure that all the nutritional value of the mushrooms remains intact.
- Improved medicinal knowledge has led to more and more effective supplements in recent years, be it green tea, fish oil, or grapeseed. And, medicinal mushrooms are no exception.
- Today, mushroom powder can be easily bought online or from the supermarket. However, it’s important to remember that most mushroom powders are made from powerful medicinal mushrooms such as shiitake, maitake, lion’s mane, turkey tail, chaga, reishi, and cordyceps.
- Medicinal mushroom powders can be prepared using a single species or include the combination of multiple mushroom varieties. People often use different varieties of mushroom powder for health benefits.
Why Should You Choose Medicinal Mushroom Powder?
- Mushrooms are low-calorie superfoods free from cholesterol, sugar, dairy, and gluten. They are rich in nutrients, antioxidants, and other potent immune-boosting compounds known as beta-glucans.
- They can also be an affordable and delicious alternative to fresh, cooked mushrooms. This is because not everyone is fond of the chewy consistency or earthy flavor of mushrooms. Thankfully, this is where the medicinal mushroom powder comes in handy.
- The mushroom powder is used for several health benefits, and you can enjoy different flavors of mushrooms in tea, smoothies, chia, pudding, and more!
The Extraordinary Health Benefits of Medicinal Mushrooms
Incorporating mushroom powder on a regular basis can help you reap the following health benefits.
- Antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties
- Help to regulate blood sugar
- Support brain health and cognition
- Strengthen the nervous system
- Improve energy and stamina
- Boost immune system
- Protect against breast and other hormone-related cancers
- Ensure Liver Protection
What’s the Best Way to Incorporate Mushroom Powder into Your Diet?
Incorporating medicinal mushrooms into your diet on a daily basis can be challenging. Fortunately, there are ways you can benefit from them without buying fresh ones.
Since finding fresh mushrooms in the stores is quite challenging, the mushroom powder can be helpful. They are easily accessible, affordable and you can add them to your cooking, smoothies, protein shakes, or teas.
If you are not fond of cooking, then the mushroom powder is what you can rely on. Medical mushroom for improving gut health, immunity, diabetes, and overall wellness.
What Mushrooms are considered Medicinal Mushrooms?
With over 2,000 species of culinary mushrooms on the earth, it can be challenging to find the one that meets your health needs. That’s why we have come up with the list of seven powerful beneficial medicinal mushrooms:
- Chaga Mushroom
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Turkey Tail Mushroom
- Shiitake mushroom
- Cordyceps mushroom
- Maitake mushroom
Where Can You Find Medicinal Mushrooms?
Thanks to their incredible health benefits, these medicinal mushrooms are gaining widespread popularity around the world. Many companies offer affordable medicinal mushroom powders online that are made with genuine and organic mushrooms.
The best thing is the products are FDA approved and safe for pets as well. So, you can be assured about the highest quality with the most benefits for optimal health.