Pipe caps are the necessity of every piping operation. This is because they are built in a way to withstand almost every condition. However, since pipes play a significant role in helping industries transport gases, liquids, fluids, etc., they are prone to debris, dust, and other contaminants. So there’s a need to protect them from all the harm, and that’s where pipe caps come into the scene. They help protect the pipe ends from all of the interferences from entering into the pipes, thereby keeping the pipes’ interior clean.
Pipe caps are available in different sizes, for instance, 1-5/8″ OD, 3-1/2″ OD, 4-1/2″ OD, and more. Mounting pipe with pipe caps ensures the liquid/fluid/gas transported remains contaminants and pollutants free. Also, the pipes bring high prevention against splitting, cracks, and other damages. No doubt, pipe caps act as a protective cushion for the pipes.
Read on to know more about the pipe caps and details related to them:
Variety of Pipe Caps
Pipe caps come in different varieties, but their motive remains the same; protecting your pipes from almost every condition. Before going through a single unit and purchasing it in bulk, you may try many other options available in the market. Order different samples of pipe caps, and buy the unit that fits your needs. These are some fundamentals you need to follow while purchasing pipe caps. Below mentioned is the ultimate list of some of the well-known caps for industrial purposes:
- Flexible End Cap: Though having a loose build-up, these kinds of caps give a tight-fitting when mounted on the pipes. They can withstand temperatures as high as 170-degrees Celsius, which makes them a universally adopted cap variety for a vast number of purposes.
- Tear Tab Caps: Being manufactured with the LDPE material, they are easy to remove caps. Pull up the tab situated sideways of the cap, and the cap will immediately split in two.
- Hexagonal Caps: Want appropriate fitting caps for your round components? Get hexagonal caps as they are the best-suited ones for hydraulic coupling. Being manufactured with LDPE material, they can be placed and pulled with ease.
- Flexible Pipe Caps: These kinds of pipe caps follow an easy-to-fit process and are manufactured with flexible PE material; they can withstand over 65-degree Celsius.
- Threaded sealing caps: These types of caps are best for resisting several solvents, which in turn minimizes shearing.
- Quick Release Caps: As the name suggests, these caps generally prevent the quick-releasing couplings. They are manufactured with TPE material, and they are usually attached to the hose.
More About Pipe Caps
Pipe caps differ based on materials used for manufacturing, shapes, diameter, and more. Therefore, there are various sizes of pipe caps available in the market, for instance, 1-5/8 INCH, 3-1/2 INCH, 4-1/2 INCH, and more. The material used can be silicone, plastic, vinyl, or more. With their standard fitting size, the pipe caps, mainly the threaded ones, help remove air pressure from pipes.
The pipe caps with a grip on the outside are easy to remove, adjust, or mount. They help seal the pipes in the most effective ways. The current market scenario offers a great range of pipe caps built of different materials to protect pipes from damages. Several series in which pipes caps are available, for instance, the DCO series, CE series, HSF series, PSR series, SF series, and more.
That’s it; there is to it. Pipe caps play a vital role in adequate water, fluids, gas, and other components through the pipes. Always make sure that you purchase the pipe caps after testing some sample units of the products available. If you are facing trouble, taking expert help is recommended. This was all about the current market of pipe caps. However, with the advancements in technology, several types of newer generation caps are on their way to enter the market.